COLUMBIA HEIGHTS, MINNESOTA
MINUTES FROM WORK SESSION OF THE BOARD OF EDUCATION TUESDAY,
FEBRUARY 21, 2017 7:01 PM
Members present: Ms. Asamarai, Mr. Larkin, Ms. Lewis, Ms. Mueller, Ms. Palmer, Ms. Severson and Superintendent Kelly. Members absent: None. Administration present: Bill Holmgren, Casey Mahon, Zena Stenvik, Laura McLuen, Lindsey Bennett, Jeff Cacek
1. Data Privacy: School District Attorney Karen Kepple, presented information on Data Privacy. Ms. Kepple went over policies dealing with data privacy.
2. HVAC System High School: Dir. Holmgren presented information on the update of the High School HVAC system.
3. Facility Bond Referendum Survey: Dir. Holmgren, Dir. Stenvik, Interim Dir. McLuen, and Principal Cacek presented information on the Facility Bond Referendum.
4. Transportation: Dir. Holmgren presented information on transportation.
5. Strategic Roadmap: Chair Larkin and Supt. Kelly presented information on the Strategic Roadmap.
6. Staffing: Dir. Bennett and Dir. Holmgren presented information on Staffing.
7. School Board Evaluation: Chair Larking presented information on School Board Evaluation. The Board would like to review results mid-June.
8. Other Ms. Asamarai presenting information at both regular meetings and work session. Ms. Palmer asked about the possibility of an equity training.
9. Adjourn 9:01
Date minutes approved Naty Severson, Clerk, Board of Education
Independent School District 13
Published in the
Columbia Hgt-Fridley Sun Focus
April 21, 2017