The 60th annual Columbia Heights Lions Club Jamboree and carnival will be held June 22-26. Most events and activities take place at Huset Park and Murzyn Hall.
Schedule of events
Friday, June 24
• The parade runs from 6-8 p.m. It begins at 45th and Central avenues NE, continues south to 40th Avenue NE and ends at 5th Street NE.
• The carnival is open 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• Columbia Heights Lions Beer Garden runs 5 p.m. to midnight.
Saturday, June 25
• Registration for the Heights Hustle 5K will be 7:45-8:30 a.m. at the Columbia Heights High School Football Field. The race begins at 8:30 a.m. This event is an unofficial timed event free to all running and walking participants.
• The Adult Softball Tournament takes place all day at Huset Park, 3965 Jefferson St. NE, and Prestemon Park, 3900 McKinley St. NE. The entry fee is $170 per team for up to 16 teams.
• The Minnesota Army National Guard will provide a rock climbing tower and an obstacle course from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. outside Murzyn Hall, 530 Mill St. NE. There is no cost.
• A free garden art class will be 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Murzyn Hall. Drop in anytime with the whole family.
• The Columbia Heights Lions Beer Garden runs noon to midnight.
• The carnival is open from 1 p.m. to 10 p.m.
• Joe Fahey will perform 5:30-6:15 p.m. on the stage outside Murzyn Hall. It will be moved inside if there is inclement weather.
• Heights Idol, which includes adult and youth performers, will begin at 6:30 p.m. on the stage outside Murzyn Hall. In case of inclement weather, it will be moved to Murzyn Hall.
• The Home Run Derby begins at 7 p.m. at Huset Park. Players compete by hitting as many homeruns as they can over the fence. Cost is $5-10 to participate.
• The fireworks will begin at dusk. In case of rain, the fireworks will take place at dusk on Sunday, June 26.
Sunday, June 26
• The Adult Softball Tournament will resume in the morning at Huset and Prestemon parks.
• The Lions Beer Garden is open noon to 6 p.m.
• The Columbia Heights Royalty Coronation will be 1 p.m. at Columbia Heights High School, 1400 49th Ave. NE.
• The carnival will run 1-6 p.m.
For more information, call the Jamboree Hotline at 763-706-3789.