Letter: Anoka County Commissioner Kordiak offers tax assistance

To the Editor:

As Anoka County Commissioner, I will again offer free assistance to senior citizens and persons with disabilities from Columbia Heights, Hilltop, Fridley and Spring Lake Park in completing their 2015 Minnesota Homeowners and Renters Tax Credit forms. The Homeowners and Renters Tax Credit is available to many who live in their own home, rent or live in a mobile home. Residents are encouraged to bring their 2015 income information and their 2016 property tax statements or their Certificate of Rent Paid (CRP).

Tax assistance will be offered without appointment on Wednesday, April 27, from 9-11 a.m. at Fridley City Hall located at 6431 University Ave. NE, and on Mondays, April 25, May 2, and May 9, from 9-11 a.m. at Murzyn Hall, 530 Mill Street NE, Columbia Heights. For taxpayers’ convenience, all necessary forms and instruction booklets will be available at those locations. Contact me at 763-788-9651 for more information.

Jim Kordiak

Anoka County Commissioner District 4