Adult classes with CH Community Education
Columbia Heights Community Education presents the following Adult Enrichment classes. For more information and online registration, visit www.colheights.k12.mn.us and click on “Community Education.” Columbia Heights Community Education is at 1440 49th Ave. N.E.
- Beginning Chicago-Style Steppin’: Chicago-style Steppin’ is an improvisational form of partner dancing to R&B, jazz, soul or rap music. No partner is required for this class. Cost is $10 for one person or $15 for a pair. Class meets 7:45-9 p.m. Monday, Nov. 12, in the Columbia Height High School (CHHS) cafeteria.
- Spring Forest Qigong – Level 1: Qigong is an ancient Chinese technique designed to provide relieve pain and promote health and wellness. A $15 optional book is available from the instructor in class. Cost is $19 for two sessions that meet 7-8:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13 and 20, in room 143 at CHHS.
- Yoga: Classes include stretching, breathing practices and guided relaxation/mediation. Bring a mat, towel or rug for floor work. Cost is $56 for seven sessions, meeting 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays, Nov. 13 to Dec. 18, in room 143 at CHHS.
- Kombucha Tea: This course will teach you how to brew this sweetened, fermented tea at home. A starter culture ($10) is available from the instructor in class. Participants should bring a gallon glass jar with a wide rim and tight cover in which to bring their mushroom starter home. Cost is $16 for the class, which meets 6:30-8:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 15, in room 137 at CHHS.
- In Trouble: This class discusses the warning signs of financial trouble, first steps to take if you can’t pay your bills, credit counseling and consolidation, repossession and bankruptcy. Cost is $7 for the session, meeting 7-8:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov 15, in room 111 of the Family Center.